Get Tweets with a Specific Hashtag, from any User
Your application needs to get Twitter ? Search Tweets by hashtag with Twitter API is possible via several ways.
1- How to search Tweets by hashtag with Twitter API or other API ?
A : With Twitter API
Search Tweets by hashtag with Twitter API may be done since 2018 via three new API levels.
- Standard search API : free and perfect for main API users with basic features and limited quantity content returned.
- Premium search API : paid services for advanced API users for whom standard search API doesn’t not give enough content.
- Enterprise search APIs : most complete services dedicated to content providers. Very expensive.
Standard search API is the most useful and widely consumed API for developpers, as its endpoints are enough for main projects requirements such as as hashtag or keyword search.
It requires authentication for all requests. Resource URL is https://api.twitter.com/1.1/search/tweets.json. Parameters are passed in the request. Most important are:
- q, which is a UTF-8, URL-encoded search query of 500 characters maximum, including operators. Queries may additionally be limited by complexity. For example @profilename.
- geocode, which returns tweets by users located within a given radius of the given latitude/longitude.
Advantages: free, direct access
Drawbacks: requires lots of integration time, code rewriting necessary in case of API update
B : With Providers
Search Tweets by hashtag outside Twitter API is also possible. Third party providers are good alternative to give access to a part only of Twitter search API.
Usually, it requires to create an account and use the provider user interface to add Twitter sources, such as profile, keyword, location, hashtag…
Then, the provider API endpoints enable to retrieve a part of content.
Advantages: quick to use, user friendly
Drawbacks: not free, less consequences in case of API update