Customer relationship is the new talk of the town. In the coming years, the relevancy of this term is bound to increase as organizations start focusing more on customer satisfaction and experience. Although there are many other platforms through which one can build customer relationships, social media has emerged as the popular choice in reaching out to a broad audience across the world.
Social media is even considered as the new battle-ground for brands showcasing their best products to attract the attention of potential customers and increase the customer base. Most of the customers are active on these platforms, where loyal consumers even advocate the services of the brand, which they have been using for years.
This raises the need for an organization to find innovative ideas that can help to build and maintain the customer relationship. Find out some of the tips through which you can build the customer relationship via social media:
1) Organizing competition or contests: Organizing competition and contests can attract a significant audience on social media. Most of the customers like to participate in contests. It is also the right way of being in touch with your customers. Remember, they have chosen you from thousands of other brands in the market, you have to start showing that you value them as your customer and want them to enjoy the benefits of your service through this contest.
2) Responding with a positive reply: The current generation of customers want instant gratification from the products or services which they are using. So, when the social media marketer responds with a positive message to their queries, it helps to win their trust. Find the below example of the beauty brand Glossier:
An eloquent reply by Glossier,” Solution is coming” is a relief for such customers who are looking for an immediate resolution to their acne problems. Glossier wants to make the solution real for the customers and keeps up with its tagline” skincare and beauty products inspired by real-life”
3) Personalizing each of the conversations: When you personalize each of the conversations with every customer, then you come closer to every customer and start interacting on a personal level. Social media has become an intimate communication platform for both the customer and the organization. They can start the dialogue at their convenience, by understanding the other’s needs and constraints.
The process helps to result in better customer relationships seamlessly.
4) Showing your compassionate human side: We all love the compassionate human side of a business. It makes one feel that the business not only wants to generate profit, but also cares for its customer on a personal level. It is guaranteed showing the human side helps to connect with the customer instantly. A personal and human touch helps to make the conversation interesting, and interactive thus bringing the customer even closer.
So, how could be this executed?
1) Posting more user-generated content: When the real-time content from the real users is posted on social media platform then it helps to reach a wider audience. Consumers are interested to know the benefits which other users got from the product, before purchasing for themselves.
The designing software company, Adobe, ran a creative campaign for the artists and designers by using the hashtag. The innovative designers were asked to highlight their skills and design some of the creative work with the help of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and others. The company then showcased these works, for expert endorsements, user recommendations, and the promotion of the product. It actually illustrated the capability of the Adobe software and its designing capabilities.
5) Making the right usage of the feedback: Majority of the customers love to give feedback on social media. You have to make the most of these feedbacks. If it is positive, then you can promote to attract new potential customers. Negative ones should not deter your effort as every negative feedback helps you to understand that it is the personal opinion of the individual customer, and you need to work more on your product or service to meet their expectations. So, here you can thank the customer for their genuine feedback and promise to improvise your services.
SaaS solution like Dialogfeed.com could help you in an efficient way to republish easily positive #reviews on your web site and on TVs if any.
6) Being authentic with the right content: Maintaining a relationship with a customer needs you to be authentic on social media. Customers have become smarter with access to the high-quality information available on the internet, so if you try to fake your achievements, then they could easily find it out. As an organization, you should promote the right content to achieve the best business results.
Dialogfeed.com acts as the audience booster platform, where you can promote your content without any hindrance.
7) Delighting your customer: It would have been a pleasing experience when you receive a surprise gift from your friend or relative!!!!!!
The scenario is the same with your customer. When you delight them with a surprise gift or reward, they would be happy and gradually have a strong connection with your brand.
HubSpot even highlights that education and communication are the main ideals for delighting customers. You have to understand the buyer personas, and as a marketer needs to know where your customers are more likely to be, such as on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, what queries they would be having, and what kind of conversations they would be having. This would make it much easier for tailoring your conversation and giving gifts as per their needs and behavior, and building stronger customer relationships.
8) Owning your mistakes: When you own your mistakes, then it increases the consumer’s trust on your brand. Check the below example of how Zappos, owned its mistake and acted as a responsible organization. They even stated a message which hit the right chord with many of the customers” everyone makes mistakes, but what sets a company apart is admitting them.”
Customer relationships, customer satisfaction, and customer experience are gradually becoming the focal points of every organization. Now, businesses need to work harder to acquire a new customer as well as maintaining the relationship with the existing customer. This blog helps to understand whereas a marketer, you can grab the right opportunity for building a successful relationship with the customer on social media.
Robert Jordan, a seasoned marketing professional with over 10 years of experience, currently working as Media Relations Manager at InfoClutch Inc, which is a leading supplier of most sought after technology database including list of Microsoft Dynamics CRM customers, Salesforce customer list & many more technologies. Have expertise in setting up the lead flow for budding startups and takes it to the next level. Have a deep interest in SEO, SEM & Social Media related discussions. Always open for new ideas & discussions.