Assuming that only large corporations with big marketing budgets should compete online, small businesses tend to shy away from marketing in the digital space, relying mostly on word-of-mouth marketing or traditional methods of advertising.
However, regardless of size, all companies can leverage digital marketing to get noticed online; with many of them using the same tactics regardless of marketing budget. Here are 4 tips on how to get your business noticed online through strategic digital marketing.
1. Social Media Marketing
With Facebook’s 2 billion users, Instagram’s 800 million users, and Twitter’s 330 million monthly active members, most businesses have recognized the potential to reach a wider audience via social media. However, the last thing you want to do is misuse social media for your marketing efforts and risk losing your audience. Don’t use social media to purely sell your products or services.
Leverage social media to connect with your audience by publishing valuable content that is related to your industry. Follow the 80/20 rule when it comes to content. Post industry niche specific content 80% of the time and promote your products with the remaining 20%, allowing your audience to recognize that your sole purpose isn’t just to sell them.
2. Partner With Influencers
Influencers in your industry already have command of the attention of your target market. By putting yourself on their radar, you have the potential to tap into their massive following to improve brand awareness and increase your reach. When you cite influencers as sources in our tweets or blog post, don’t forget to tag or mention them to get their attention. With luck, they’ll retweet or share your content with their followers which will result in an increase in traffic to your website. And once you’ve gotten their attention, your next goal is to partner with influencers who can help you reach your marketing goals.
3. Start a Blog
Businesses from every industry have discovered the value of blogging which was once reserved for a specific niche. Blogs are now a crucial marketing tool, allowing brands to present themselves to their audience as authorities in their industry. By sharing content, that is relevant, compelling, informative, or even entertaining, your brand can be become the go-to resource for questions often asked within your industry.
4. Make an Impression with Your Personality
Ultimately, to get noticed online you need to go where the majority of consumers go to hang out in the digital space. Grab the attention of your audience by showing off your unique personality, engage with customers by liking and commenting on their post. Actively listen to social conversations and address questions which will help establish yourself as an expert in your field. Retweet or share content from users whose posts are relevant to your audience. By being constantly active, you will increase your visibility and bring attention to your brand.
To get noticed online, you need to utilize every channel that is available to you. Having a website is a good start, but it is useless without visitors. Get your website noticed by leveraging the powers of social media and have your accounts serve as extensions to your site. Create or curate quality content that establishes you as a reliable resource for your industry’s burning questions. Most importantly, get yourself noticed by engaging people with your winning personality that draws your target market in.