Embed Weibo feed on page, get via API access to Sina Weibo data or add Weibo widget to website… How to find a Sina Weibo widget, RSS or API provider ?
Weibo reached world top ranking social networks in 2017. Along with Twitter or Facebook, Sina Weibo is becoming a new social data chanel to reach end users or B2B clients for marketing activities or data analysis. Hereunder are some tips and alternatives to get Weibo API or data or embed Weibo feed, Dialogfeed is sharing to Weibo developpers, via our Weibo experience.
Tips to add, use or embed Weibo feed or API in your website or database.
How long does it take to integrate Weibo API ?
If you use Sina Weibo API, around several weeks, if you can read Chinese.
If you use an alternative provider, around several days. If you only need to embed Weibo feed, this is several hours, after you found a social media data provider such as Dialogfeed.
You do a hashtag campaign, is it possible with Weibo ?
The answer is not simple. Contrary to Twitter or Instagram, hashtag are not natively managed by Weibo. Embed Weibo feed on website with hashtags is impossible.
Yes if you don’t need to get the users posts or identify winners (so this is not a contest but a communication campaign to make) but…
No if you want to display them on a contest page or TV. And have contest winners.
Until now, Weibo doesn’t return hashtag recent posts via a search, like Twitter or Instagram.
This means a hashtag campaign on Weibo won’t return you the users posts, like Facebook where hashtags are not really implemented in search pages.
To conclude, you can not see all people who posted with your hashtag because there is no API request for tags in the 2017 API doc.
To really compete with Twitter, we can expect Weibo to introduce a full smooth hashtag experience.
Is there a way to add or embed Weibo activity feed on website or WordPress ?
At Dialogfeed, we can provide you 2 solutions to display any Weibo author posts:
- Embed Weibo feed or add a Weibo widget to your page, TV or WordPress, with any Weibo user or profile data feeds*.
- use our raw API social data feed in JSON or XML, with any Weibo user or profile data feeds*.
Whether with our API or widget, you can do moderation such as filtering posts or blacklisting keywords, after you embed Weibo feed for your social wall.
The other way for instance is to integrate Weibo API and power your widget with its data you saved in a database or display live via JavasScript.
Other ways are no longer possible, as you can read on Stackoverflow or Quora.
* You can also mix Weibo with other social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, RSS, WordPress, Google Plus or Linkedin.
Photo: Dialogfeed API enables to deliver Weibo data feeds (accounts) to any B2B developers along with Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, Pinterest…
If you need Weibo API data or user posts, what is the solution ?
Here are two good ways.
Solution 1: use Weibo API in Chinese, not English
Integrating a normal social network API usually takes several weeks. As for Weibo, it is much harder, as main updated documentations are in Chinese.
Some are translated in English but the latest updates are dated from… 2012.
Warning about API doc:
See this English Weibo wiki homepage.
At English doc page bottom, you can see 2012 date.
文档更新时间: 17 April 2012
But on China original page, this is 2017.
Conclusion: if you don’t have a chinese developper, it is risky to spend weeks to integrate based on an outdated API doc.
Solution 2: use a Weibo API data agregator / provider like Dialogfeed
You can look for Weibo feeds providers. There are 2 types:
– Social data feed providers such as Dialogfeed: they may replace Weibo API feed, by delivering Weibo data feeds. You can get a JSON or XML data feeds via API. You will get a standardized feed with main Weibo contents such as <content>, <author>, <image URL>, <date> or other fields normalized in a unique feed. You may also add other social media such as Facebook, Youtube, Instagram or Twitter. Try Dialogfeed social data feed.
– Social widget providers like Dialogfeed: if you need to build a Weibo widget to embed on website, replace yours by a ready to use widget. There are some providers, but few has Weibo as Dialogfeed. Dialogfeed allows you to right now embed Weibo feed for your website or any CMS such as WordPress or Drupal.
Dialogfeed is among world pionners social media hub & social wall provider and powers hundreds of events throughout the world since 2012 ! Our service is compatible with Weibo. You have the choice, take time to integrate Weibo API or go to market now with Dialogfeed …
Use Dialogfeed as Weibo API or widget provider
Embed Weibo feed !
Request a quote or get a free trial