Case Studies Reveal the Immediate Impact of Links on Site Popularity and Traffic
Author bio: Stella Lockhart is a SEO New York specialist known for her avid understanding of client requirements. Her strategies have helped numerous companies achieve success. She spreads her knowledge through her personal blog on the industry.
There has been a debate about how soon link building starts taking effect. While some SEOs and webmasters still think conventionally that it may take at least a few weeks like 10 weeks or more for things to show effect, there are many instances and case studies that prove otherwise. These case studies show that quality links, when built ethically, starts showing effects immediately.
Case studies that tell the success stories of link building impact
The best way to get to the real results is by going through extensive case studies. And it’s even more important that you pick the right cases for studying, so that you may derive the best results and an accurate conclusion. To start with it, legal industry based websites have been studied.
A studied site must fulfill some measures to be apt for being material of case study. And here it’s seen that of the 4 sites that have been studied over a course of 4 years time, they all have some things in common which are as follows:
- The site statistics were recorded within a timeframe of very few days, the time frame being quite short
- The site would be generating very high quality backlinks
- The SEO work done for the sites was of the first kind with no history of previous SEO campaigns
Other features of the sites chosen by the SEO New York agents for the case study are:
- These business related sites all have a lower authority. This was important because any link building effect when showing up would show dramatic difference in site ranking and authority. Thus, it will be easy to detect.
- A high volume of link building was done for the test sites to see how the links impacted. Within a short time frame lots of high quality links were made for the sites that drove traffic to the sites.
- The main focus has been on improving site traffic than on improving rankings. That is because the local market and traffic depends on traffic. The local market for small businesses like legal firms means nothing else but quality traffic and not where they stand in the SERP. That is why it’s important that the site traffic was improved instead of ranking. Hence, a high volume of backlinks was created to drive traffic to the site, and as much as local traffic as possible.
- Sites that were chosen had no other campaigns running, and these SEO campaigns were the only active efforts in building site popularity and market while optimizing them.
Case Study 1
This was on social justice. A law firm was fighting a case involving the justice fight for a woman. Involving the case links were made, and all of them were made just within a time frame of 3 days. As soon as the campaign was launched, a steady hike in 20 percent of the inbound traffic was recorded.
Case Study 2
There was a law firm which was fighting for a class action case against a chain of restaurants. They used the social media marketing campaign for connecting to the litigants and collected the litigations while also generating links about the lawsuit. An instant increase in traffic showed up, which accounted for 17% increment, while the site also received high traffic from paid social campaigns.
Case Study 3
A popular and famous technology company was accused of an injury case and this lawsuit was filed by the client. It got a massive response as not just the primary news sites, but also the secondary news sites were brimming with news and updates about the story. This accounted for total 114 domains which got linked up in the web. The result was remarkable. There was a huge increase in traffic and the growth was almost 46%. This was due to extreme traffic coming to the site from all sources. However, the site could have shown more traffic if its technical problems and issues were not there. The broken link and pages at places lost some of the traffic.
Case Study 4
This content marketing campaign was scheduled to come in public in Thanksgiving. The project was special in showing the difference of time frame between the links being built and results showing up. It’s actually interesting to note that the traffic to any law firm normally decreases during the festive season. But if the traffic gets a perk, then it’s something interesting. The same thing happened as the project got launched in Thanksgiving, and the traffic increased. It got dramatic as the festive season passed away, and traffics also substantially increased due to the inbound links to almost 65% of the normal traffic.
This was success, and this was a real case study to show how much the work in link building clicked in increasing visitors to the site.
The 4 case studies discussed above shows in every case how the sites got an improved traffic with time, while link building efforts were put in just within a short timeframe. This proves it very well that links, when built well and at the right place, can instantly drive traffic to the site. This again means that there is a direct connection between the links being built freshly and the change in site’s traffic instantly either instantly or within a short time frame after that.
The main point of the discussion stays around the debate that whether link building shows some instant effects, or slows down and shows gradual effects. The case studies which involved small business sites which were running their SEO campaign for traffic and authority recently, proved pretty well that SEO has deeper implications, and the traffic to a site increases, irrespective of SERP or time frame of SEO campaign.
To delve into deeper cases, one may look at other small business sites. Whatever you study, make sure it has quality content which will receive the visitors. Testing the immediacy of link building can assure that one would get instant publicity or popularity from proper link building in a short time frame.