A web content strategy is crucial but user generated content is a must have !
What about positive contents generated by your users on social networks, forums, and so on.. ?
Social contents generated by public audience -User Generated Content (UGC)- have several advantages to boost your sales, that’s why you should learn to highlight them !
Social content in a snapshot :
- 350 millions of photos uploaded a day on Facebook
- +500 millions of tweets posted a day on Twitter
- 55 millions of photos uploaded a day on Instagram
(Source : Offerpop)
Your clients are (or can be) your largest brand content source (and the most convincing !). They have a heavy impact on your sales : it is the new” 2.0 word of mouth”.
This is as much the case as your users are seduced by your products and want to have this know by their communauties !
They are consequently ambassadors and engagement boosters, by being your ways to increase your communauties loyalty and client conversion.
UGC can be described as :
“All contents generated by internet users about a brand. They can be useful in visibility, CRM & ideas generators for coming products/services” (clementpellerin.fr).
There are several avantages to integrate social contents of your communauties to your social media & plateforms strategies : build a durable engagement/relationship, increase your publications frequency about you, enrich your contents (photos, videos…), cut your creation costs…
Infographics : UGC to boost your sales
Here are some ideas to generate and promote social contents in this graphics provided by Offerpop :
- Engage & involve your communauties to create a social content “library” generated by your users (photos, videos & reviews about your products). Encourage your communauties to share their purchases, positive reviews on social networks, to collect real and positive contents through contests/games for example.
- Transform your site into a true “social hub” & a positive content agregator thanks to applications and widgets with moderation to get the best (some examples of apps made by Dialogfeed : social wall and widgets).
- Create links to your products : share the visual of a product made by your users and provide the direct link of it to your site.