How a social media wall works?
A social media wall has turned traditional advertising and promotions to its head.
Instead of businesses investing heavily on ads and marketing materials that promote its product or service at a live event, a social media wall puts the responsibility of spreading the word about an event in real-time on the attendees or guests.
How? By leveraging the worldwide reach of social media platforms.
A social media wall has hardware and software components.
The hardware consists of digital signage displays or digital monitors (generally large in size) that display social media posts in real-time or near real-time. It’s powered by specialized collaborative software that manages and controls the flow of social media posts and photos.
A social media wall and its components working as one empower guests or attendees to promote a live event to their followers on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. In other words, event attendees voluntarily advertise the event on their social media accounts.
This means tons of free social media publicity. And more bang for a business firm’s buck.
Social media wall benefits for your business.
Some of the major social media wall benefits a firm can derive from investing in a social media wall:
- Allows business firms to launch killer social media campaigns.
- Generates positive buzz and promotes brand awareness.
- Increases customer engagement with your brand, thereby improving your return on investment.
- Extends your event’s overall social media reach far beyond the venue.
- Supercharges audience participation and interaction by taking their User-Generated Content (UGC) to the world.
- Heightens public interest in your event by displaying a constantly-updated and curated stream of user-generated content.
- Extends social media networking to industry influencers.
- Harnesses the power of social media to engage audiences at live events.
- Provided instant analytics about the size and changes of social shares at an event.
More customer engagement
From the customer’s or guest’s perspective, a social media wall empowers them to create “user-generated content” (UGC), also called fan generated content, that elevates their status on social media while extolling your brand.
By sharing their thoughts and images with the followers, guests magnify the impact of your event. Posts and photos posted on the social media wall and tagged with your event’s hashtag or @handle on Twitter allow anyone online to access your event. The world becomes your stage.
Guests will also be given the rare opportunity of seeing their social media photos and posts on huge digital displays for everyone to see. It’s a liberating experience viewing your posts on a gigantic 65-inch LED monitor instead of a five-inch display on a smartphone.
Such is the power of the technology embodied in this new marketing tool called the social media wall, which is also called the social wall or the Twitter Wall.
This technology is available to firms of all sizes: from the neighborhood mom-and-pop stores to brave start-ups and to large corporations eager the engage more with their customers.