You maybe have understood it, hashtag is at the core of Dialogfeed DNA. Consequently, we are looking at it closely and we take lot of pleasure to follow all news about this nice little symbol.
Today we would like to make you discover an excellent infographics done last week on Quicksprout. In several very clear visuals, Neil Patel shares us the essence of the use that may be done with hashtag on main social media :
Here is what can be remembered :
Hashtag for Twitter :
- 2 times more engagement when you use hashtags !
- Never exceed 2 hashtags in one tweet. Try to see: hate, reject & crucifixion ;) For us we would be less extrem, but we recommend you not to exceed 3 hashtags.
Hashtag for Instagram :
Here all is different. Hashtag is an art, a poem, a benediction. Instagram is the place where you can use hashtag with no complex ! You can discover below that beyond 11 hashtags, it works better (wow !)
Hashtag for Facebook :
Here all started badly…
When Mark had the good idea to launch hashtag in his kingdom, its own algorithm decided to go on strike : Reach was better with no hashtag. Somehow ironic ! We let you discover below how things are going…
Hashtag for Google+ :
Thanks to its youth, Google+ has the big advantage to integrate natively hashtag concept. That is why it has been created to interact with them :
- Hashtags are taken into account in comments
- Pertinent articles are returned with a search
- Connex hashtags are also displayed with a search
To conclude, it is well done.
We let you now discover this nice infographics, that, by its simplicity should be useful to convince your N+1 that hashtag requires challenges and strategic thinking.